Waffle’s, Adelaide

Someone just got a year older this past week and that means, another excuse to go out and eat with friends! Had some waffles during a lunch break with Krystle a few days ago at Waffle’s on Leigh Street.

waffles, dessert, leigh street
The decor was actually quite bright and vibrant with a crimsome wall on one side and an orange wall on the other with some cute doodle-like drawings. The owners make quite good use of the space available as it is quite narrow and long with the kitchen at the rear end and a counter at the back. Unfortunately my camera didn’t capture the cute ceiling lights that had their logo in different colours in the image above.

strawberry leige waffles

strawberry leige waffles

Strawberry Leige waffles, $6.80
Crunchy, sweet waffles – a nice serving size to top off after lunch or dinner… topped with chocolate and strawberries… YUM!!

combination waffle, belgium waffle
Combination Belgium waffles with vanilla and chocolate icecream, cream, strawberries, bananas and chocolate syrup.
These waffles were a lot lighter and airier and not as sweet. We both agreed that this was the better waffle. However, it’s probably best to down this whole thing down before the ice cream and cream melts and the waffle gets soggy.

Although customer are to order at the counter, the staff was very friendly and hospital throughout our meal. One thing that sucks about this place, it closes so early at night (10pm on Fri and Sat), else it would be an awesome place to hang out late at night for some waffles and coffee.

Food: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Value: 3/5
Ambience: 3.5/5

Waffle’s
Shop 2, Leigh Street
Adelaide SA 5000
P 08 8231 7677

8 comments for “Waffle’s, Adelaide

1. March 15, 2010 at 6:54 AM

How good do those waffles look!? Especially with those strawberries and chocolate sauce, yum!

2. Nghi
    March 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM

waffles look yummyyyy =)

3. Krystle
    March 15, 2010 at 9:38 AM

More chocolate sauce & strawberries and less bananas & cream on the Belgium waffle = perfection.
    *drool*

• d
      March 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Karen: Strawberries are the best bit! I loveeee strawberries… love!

Nghi: They were pretty swell! We could go for some over the weekend if our stomachs can handle it. Hahaha

Krystle: Yeah, I could do without the cream altogether. Mmmm.

4. 3Jane
    October 4, 2010 at 4:21 AM

I knew my family would love this, and they did. My 5yo went for the Strawberry Liege Waffles pictured above. My partner went for the full-size which he was happy with. The chiller is best saved for a very hot day. I was acutely reminded of Taiwan when I saw the poster that said “Make talk with others including waffle!” That’s pretty much what the other two tables of people were doing. The acoustics are very ‘bouncy’ and it wasn’t until one table left that I realised there was music playing!

• d
      October 5, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Nothing beats a good waffle! Glad your family enjoyed it. 🙂