Duke of York, Adelaide

Duke of York lunch specials, Monday to Wednesday, $8.00 schnitzels with any drink… how could one pass this offer up!

Sadly, the much anticipated chicken schnitzel that I was after wasn’t available ( Hey guys, lunch special and you don’t have it?! >=( Er…. right. ) so I had to settle with the beef schnitzel. Hmphs! The lunch special sounds cheap, but when you add your drink on top of that, it works out to be pretty much the same thing. Heh.

duke of york
A keg used as a table in the beer garden.

duke of york, beer, stellar, pure blonde
A glass of Pure Blonde and a bottle of Stella Artois, $6.10 and $8.60 respectively… expensive drinks no?

duke of york, beef schnitzel, lunch special
Beef schnitzel with mushroom sauce, chips and salad, $8.00

A rather cheap eat, so I shan’t complain too much. And hey, a beer for lunch is always satisfying… hehehe!

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 2/5
Value: 3/5
Ambience: 3/5

Duke of York
82 Currie St
Adelaide SA 5000
P 08 8231 4088

5 comments for “Duke of York, Adelaide

1. May 30, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Sometimes a comforting cheap meal at the pub is all you need!

2. May 31, 2010 at 6:01 AM

i had some pizza there once, it was cheap but not necessarily to my liking, it wasn’t really pizza, it was more like bread with some stuff on top

• dbites
      May 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Karen: Sure is! Especially if the wallet’s a little light. Heh.

adelaide dj: That sounds like one bad pizza! Haha… the food was cheap and okay; it wasn’t bad per say, but not enough to get me to come back. 🙂

3. boss
    June 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM

i had lunch special on wedenesday, chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce. My one literally looked better than your one for some reason :S they might have improved their food quality by now 😀 the chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce was yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy :D:D:D

June 11, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Oh good! Mind you, the last time I visited this place was 3 years ago so I’m glad to hear that there’s been some improvement!