tuna mornay, rocket pear and walnut salad, mini cheese platter

Night in the girls last week. Wined and dined over tuna mornay, rocket, pear and walnut salad; followed with a rainbow Paddlepop that I finished in 3 minutes flat and ended the night off with a mini cheese platter of camembert, trio of cheeses: olive; vintage and sundried tomatoes and plum paste. A quiet night in – the quiet ones are generally the best! πŸ™‚

6 comments for “Tuna mornay, rocket, pear and walnut salad, rainbow paddlepop and mini cheese platter

1. Ann
    April 26, 2012 at 5:15 AM

A tuna mornay, now that’s retro. I love a good one though and it sounds pretty nice with the pear and walnut salad. I just wish my 2 youngest (20,17) would love it too! πŸ™

April 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Wow! I’m surprise they don’t! This was the first time I had it since high school… heh!

2. April 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Can’t say I’ve made Tuny Mornay myself, but I’ve been hearing it a fair bit recently – think it might be time I got cracking – have a good recipe to share?

April 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM

If you love pasta, cheese, cream and tuna – this should be a winner! I’m not sure what recipe my friend used but I did a quick search and found this one : http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11436/tuna-mornay-pasta-bake.aspx πŸ™‚ There were a few on taste.com.au but they had slightly different ingredients to what we used on our night in.

3. K
    April 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM

are you sure that wasn’t like 30 seconds dee? and the tuna mornay recipe is: http://www.mouthwateringmunchies.com/?p=703

April 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM