Go Go Buffalo at Glynde Hotel, Glynde

Ribs ribs ribs! Word on the street was that the ribs at Go Go Buffalo were finger lickin’ good and what better incentive to head down to Glynde and try them out than with their cheap Wednesday offer called ‘Eat up. Your ribs are showing‘ where you can order a full rack of ribs and only have to pay for half! So an American feast with the stranger was had with an order of ribs, chicken wings and to balance out our diet and get some of our 2&5 intake, a side order of corn and green beans. ;)

go go buffalo
Go Go Buffalo wings (8pcs): a taste of both with ranch sauce; $12.00

A serving of buffalo wings from Go Go’s sharables menu, half marinated in buffalo spice and the other half in a bbq plum sauce. The buffalo spiced wings were tangy and sour and left a strange after taste on the palate whilst the sweet bbq plum wings fared slightly better. The wings themselves weren’t big and I found that they could have been marinated longer as the meat was quite bland and tasteless.

go go buffalo
Full rack of pork ribs served with Go Go Buffalo chips; normally $42.00 but paid $28.00 (half rack)

Why helloooooooo dinner! A full rack of slow cooked pork ribs basted in bbq sauce served with double battered Go Go Buffalo chips. At first bite, the ribs were good. The meat was tender and the bbq sauce had good flavour however it lacked that smoky bbq flavour and the ribs itself was missing the char on the outside. We could taste and tell that these ribs were slow cooked before being finished on a hot grill as opposed to hurricane’s approach by basting their ribs in their sauce and then grilled until tender. Grilled until tender! That was the difference. :)~ The double battered chips were a winner but we steered clear from it as we didn’t want to get full on carbs alone. (They were the highlight of our entire meal!)

go go buffalo
Char grilled corn on the cob; $5.00

Char grilled corn halved length ways with chilli and lime butter – bland and flavourless with my half left untouched for the rest of the meal.

go go buffalo
Green beans with almonds; $6.00

Greasy pan fried green beans with a handful of almonds thrown over the top. There was no care to the food and the taste definitely reflected that.

Can’t make it out to Go Go Buffalo on a Wednesday and take advantage of their ribs deal? Not to worry as they’ve got most of the other week days sorted:

• Barra Mondays – Salt water barramundi served grilled or battered plus a glass of their wine of the month, $15
  • Tuesday – Free pint of Millers with every burger. Free jug with every 2 burgers ordered.
  • Wednesday – Eat up! Your ribs are showing. Order a full rib and only pay for half.
  • Skewer Thursdays – 2 for the price of 1

PS. to ensure yourself a table, it’s probably safe to make a booking before you go cause the place was pretty full on our visit and no doubt they will be on yours too as everyone’s after a cheap meal. ;)

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 3/5
Value: 2.5/5
Ambience: 2.5/5

Go Go Buffalo
The Glynde Hotel
492 Payneham Road (Corner Payneham and Glynburn Roads)
Glynde SA 5070
P 08 8337 3066

View Larger Map Go Go Buffalo on Urbanspoon

8 comments for “Go Go Buffalo at Glynde Hotel, Glynde

1. August 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Oooh I always drive past here but have yet to try them out. The ribs look so good!! *Mental note to stop by on a Wednesday*
    I heard their wings is not as good as the Lion’s (have you tried the Lion’s wednesday Buffalo wings special? Very tasty!!)

August 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

No I haven’t but I will look into it.. One day.. There’s just too many places to try, I can’t keep up!

2. August 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

G’day! Wow you must have gone on an “off night”, true!
    What did the manager said when you mentioned the bland food too?
    It can be VERY noisy, especially on a Saturday night and the extensive range of sauces they allow you to try while waiting for the food….our grilled platters shared based on our experience were simply a delight…The salad with blue cheese dressing…yum…
    Cheers! Joanne

August 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Maybe it was an ‘off’ night for us. Oh well, I can happily cross that off my list though. Thanks for the feedback! :)

3. Cat
    August 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I was really excited about it but unfortunately didn’t love Go Go Buffalo when I went. The food was average for the price, and my yard stick is always ‘could an average person do better at home?’ – in this case I think they could. We had ribs and the chimichurri chicken breast which was nice, but there was a layer of oil all over the plate that was really off putting, as my beans and potatoes were just dripping with it every time I lifted it up with a fork. We went when it first opened and I haven’t been inclined to go back.

August 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Ditto about the oil dripping off the beans, I was trying to get some greens into my system but the greasiness was quite off putting.

4. Chiara
    August 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM

It’s true that it’s not exactly gourmet, but I’d say you went on an off night. Been there a few times and never been disappointed. Nachos are gorgeous and full of fresh flavours, the burgers are huge and delicious, and their schnitzels, especially the chicken topped with guacamole, sour cream ,salsa and cheese is delish! And the live bands on Sundays are always a treat, not too loud and always with a good range of eras covered.

5. Cheryl
    June 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Was so excited to go and experience food from the US again having just come back to Aus
    So disappointed. Service was terrible. Not like the US at all. Food was terrible. Chicken harder than a rock, wings smothered in sauce and came with a human hair. Blue cheese sauce was horrible. Even the kids cookie was rank
    The only plus is its good for entertaining kids
    Food overpriced. Waiters not interested in hearing how bad the food tasted. No wonder the place is empty and Brunellis over the road is full
    Missed opportunity