Bree and Dougal
Last week, we attended the VIP launch for The Longest Table’s ambassadors Bree May (My Kitchen Rules 2014 winner) and Dougal McFuzzlebutt’s (real person, commonly mistaken for Alex Perry, hehe! 😉 ) The Longest Table dinner event along with all their generous sponsors at COS Restaurant on Leigh Street.
Tapioca cracker with salmon roe
They are combining their talents and passion for cooking and are hosting The Longest Table ‘Dude Food’ dinner showcasing SA produce, wine and beer on Saturday June 20th at The Big Shed Brewing Co. for 100 people to help raise valuable funds for Cancer Research with all proceeds going directly to just that–Cancer Research! Did you know that 1 in 4 people will get prostate cancer, and 1 in 8 people will get breast cancer?! No? Neither did I! That’s a pretty scary statistic and it hits pretty close to home cause there’s no doubt that we all know someone who has or had cancer.
Potato rosti with wasabi yoghurt and smoked salmon
A favourite from the night! Great little bite, playful textures and flavours.
Ox tongue with house made kimchi
So what can you do to help? You can host your own Longest Table dinner at home or any other place on the Saturday 20th of June (official TLT date), but if you can’t, any other date between now and July will do as well! Invite your friends over and they can donate to your dinner as if they would be going out to any restaurant that night, with all donations going towards lifesaving research through 3 charities:
- The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) is finding cures and improving care for everyday Australians by supporting research into a variety of diseases and illnesses; cancer research is a major focus.
- Australian Breast Cancer Research (ABCR) is reducing the impact of breast cancer on Australian families by supporting medical research focused on the prevention, detection, management and treatment of breast cancer.
- Australian Prostate Cancer (APC) will help the 1 in 4 men diagnosed with prostate cancer before they turn 85. With your help we are funding vital research into improved prostate cancer detection, treatments and ultimately finding a cure for prostate cancer.
Scotch fillet steak with miso and ssamjang (I think?) sauce
Alpaca tartare with hollandaise sauce
A first timer at trying alpaca and surprisingly, it was really really delicious and ‘clean’, tasted like tuna sashimi but a bit more ‘meatier’.
On the night of the launch, we were treated to some beautiful canapes from the COS restaurant kitchen utilising the sponsors produce, and if that nights tasting was anything to go by, people attending Bree and Dougal’s dinner are set for a tasty feast with the dude food menu on offer along with a whole lot of beer, wine and cocktails!
Some more information in regards to their dinner if you’re also keen on attending or donating to #forkcancer!
- A three-course ‘dude food’ meal
- Dessert bar by Chocolat by Daniela and Woodside Cheese Wrights
- A selection of Big Shed Brewing Co. beer and cider and Howard Vineyard wine
- Guests will also be treated to a bar featuring the talented team from Steve the Bartender
- Guests take home a beverage package including beer, cider and wine
- Bree May’s Ultimate experience also includes access to an exclusive Long Table seated between the brew tanks, Uber Adelaide will collect you and take you to and from the dinner and a meet and greet area with your hosts, Bree and Dougal
Here’s their menu for you to peruse over! 🙂
We won’t be hosting our own dinner this year but we will be at Bree and Dougal’s Longest Table dinner to help the worthy cause! I mean, how often do we spend X amount of money on dinner as it is already? We were going to donate regardless so why not donate towards a good deed and have some fun at the dinner whilst we’re at it? 🙂
[dbites was invited as guests to Bree and Dougal’s The Longest Table Dinner VIP Launch at COS Restaurant]